Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payments infrastructure in Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind - to make payments simple, secure, and accessible for everyone. We currently serve local SMEs to some of Indonesia's largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 25% month on month for the last 2 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
In Indonesia, the are millions of people use banking in their daily activities for payments. Based on statistics, 80% transactions are done through bank transfer. Indonesian industries have a host of payment methods that are popular in market, and one of them is Virtual Accounts. There are a lot of industry sectors such as e-commerce, platform, market place, travel, insurance, gaming, (among many others) use Virtual Account as their preferable payment method because of the simplicity, and convenience. We help companies to provide virtual accounts as a reliable payment solution by having a simple and fast integration, supported by great technologies.
The Virtual Account product is the second top TPV contributor in Xendit and many merchants have been using our product to collect money as their preferred method. We are connected to the most popular banks in Indonesia (e.g. BNI, MANDIRI, BRI, PERMATA), and we are intending to add more bank channels based on customer needs. With the high volumes and frequency of Virtual Account payments, and high stakeholder demands, we have some unique challenges:
We've built a new bank channel with a very quick/strict timeline (
There was a case where we failed to receive some payment notifications from the bank. To reduce customer tickets, we implemented an audit system to proceed payment automatically (Xendit loves automation, and this is one of our favourite examples!)
We had a very big issue of which one of the causes was due to insufficient monitoring and alerting to automatically detect issues. Obviously, slow detection and correction of issues is not acceptable to us, or our customers, so we quickly implemented scalable monitoring and alert tools. Now we can detect any issues within seconds!
Currently we are focusing on improving our system reliability and scalability using the most current technologies to reduce customer problems and increase customer happiness. One of the big projects we're doing right now is to re-architecture Virtual Account system which will solve some of our crucial technical debt, such as consolidating into one singular source of truth, make consistent flow, and improve extensibility of system. We want to scale 100 times on minimal maintenance.
The Virtual Account team provides merchants with a seamless bank transfer payment experience. We support merchants to accept payments from their end customers via APIs, and callback notifications. Our scope and responsibilities are influencing company growth, product experience, and customer trust. We are responsible for integration with banks to enable Virtual Account payments for merchants. With our technologies, merchants can receive payment notifications and money within seconds!
We are open to explore, and adopt new and reliable technologies to solve customer problems and make Xendit succeed. We aim to provide the most reliable virtual account services in South East Asia through reducing technical debts, minimise customer issues, and increase product reliability.
- Improve Virtual Account system reliability, and scalability so that the product will survive in the long term, and be easy to deploy and maintain
- Collaborate with the tech lead and engineers to deliver project based on performance, availability, reliability, and scalability considerations
- Manage the Virtual Account technical roadmap to ensure we meet team metrics and achieve goals
- Take ownership for major/crucial projects which will take significant impact to customers
- Mentor engineers and team to consistently follow best engineering practices
- Experience in NoSQL and SQL database
- Experience in CI/CD technology
- Experience in AWS EKS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS EC2, Docker, Kubernetes, and GCP as infrastructure platform technology
- Experience in UNIX family operating system
- Experience in implement unit, integration, and API tests
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile as development methodologies
- Experience working with bank payment APIs
- Familiarity with refactoring into microservices
- Proficient in scalable and sustainable architectural designs
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You're like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don't take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
- You're remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can't find someone who raves about you then it's unlikely we will too