Our product management team sets the direction for our growing portfolio of products. As advocates of our customers, we collaborate closely with a diverse group of engineers, designers, and business partners to achieve a common goal: shipping high-quality products that help our merchants succeed.
Product managers at Xendit play the role of being the “glue” that binds many functions together in our organization. We interact with our customers, create roadmaps, analyze business processes, design user-facing flows, and facilitate with stakeholders to turn their visions into reality - while having fun along the way.
Build new products from scratch - and experiment with them until you find product-market fit
The Experiments team builds new products that are complementary to our existing suite of digital infrastructure. We take ideas, customer pain points, or gaps in the market and build a new solution from the ground up. This team presents a unique opportunity for people who are looking to build something completely new, rather than improving existing products.
As the name suggests, these products are experimental, meaning they sometimes fail. We're therefore looking for people who can quickly recognize failure, take feedback and iterate immediately, even if it means leaving behind our previous dreams of what the product could look like.
Responsibilities * Own an Experimental product at Xendit
- Build products customers want and will use
- Research and understand products that are not readily available in Indonesia
- Move faster than conventional product teams - typically Experiment teams launch MVP in
- Decide on relevant metrics that contribute to Xendit's growth and measure progress on how your product continuously meets these metrics
- Decide on metrics for failure, such that you know exactly when to move to the next Experiment / version of the product
- Engage in product discovery to develop MVPs, based on available data and third-party sources
- Communicate with and understand internal and external customers' needs
- Translate these needs into product requirements for your team
- Lead and collaborate with a team of engineers to build, release, measure, review and improve your products
- Prioritize and build features based on impact to customers and expected growth
- Figure out resources and stakeholders (operations support, compliance, partnerships, etc.) needed to achieve your vision and establish a clear roadmap to get there
- Guide strategic research, partnerships, and data acquisition
- Understand the industry and present business cases for partnerships, major features, or new integrations
- Organise activity to acquire data necessary to power your products, either through primary acquisition, third parties or others
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
- You have 2+ years of product management experience
- You're comfortable with ambiguity and a very quickly changing environment
- You're great at collaborating and communicating across a company with engineering, design, marketing, and sales
- You can coordinate on-time delivery of a project to specification across teams where you don't have line-management responsibility
- You can demonstrate capability in balancing risk prevention with growth
- You obsess about customer welfare and their experience with your products
- You have managed technical software products from ideation to shipping
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Bonus points if you have: