We are Jixie, Kompas Gramedia's newest player in our growing tech ecosystem.
We are looking for a Senior Node.js Backend Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the frontend. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic on Amazon AWS, definition and maintenance of backend, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a good understanding of front-end technologies (ReactJS) will be a plus.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic based on AWS technologies;
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Implementation of security and data protection;
- Integration of data storage solutions using AWS services.
- Having 5+ years working experience, especially with a proven track record building complex NodeJS backend;
- Strong knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available such as ExpressJS, StrongLoop;
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds;
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, etc.;
- Strong proficiency in AWS Cloud (ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito, Aurora GPS, etc.);
- Strong proficiency in Azure Cloud (Azure function, CosmosDB, etc.) would be an advantage;
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance;
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system;
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform;
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes;
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient with code versioning tools (Git/BitBucket);
- Proficient with Continuous Integration and Deployment using Jenkins;
- A fast learner and familiar with DevOps practices;
- Optional: a good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Stylus, Less, etc.;
- Optional: a good understanding of front-end technologies, such as React JS, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Work from Home
Kompas Gramedia, through its more than 50 years of history, is striving for one goal: enlightening and empowering Indonesia. To ensure that we are able to serve the nation for another 50 years, we are undergoing a digital transformation; strengthening and expanding our solid business pillars by developing new digital business initiatives.Our vision is to enlight all the people in Indonesia with all the knowledge we have.